BOSTON, MA – July 19, 2016 – clypd, the audience-based sales platform for television advertising, today announced the release of Optimize Private Marketplace (PMP), a suite of sales tools for media companies engaged in yield optimization and advanced audience sales transactions.
Several leading media companies, including Discovery Communications, ESPN, and Fox Networks Group have been using the clypd platform to prepare for and engage with their brand and agency partners on new opportunities that leverage data and an increased level of workflow automation. This latest offering builds upon clypd’s existing linear TV private marketplace offering. Features include end-to-end deal lifecycle management, data onboarding, yield-optimized and audience-focused scheduling, and proposal generation.
In recent years, there has been a growing fragmentation of media consumption across devices and distribution channels coupled with an influx of new data sources. These shifts have created demands from both marketers and the media owners for solutions that will address these challenges as they relate to advertising.
“clypd’s main mission has always been to help media companies navigate the changing TV advertising landscape. Optimize PMP brings major enhancements to the $74 billion market through software solutions that provide data-focused tools and yield optimization innovations for upfront and scatter negotiations,” said Jason Burke, VP of Product at clypd. “We are humbled and proud to be partnering with multi-billion media companies to develop tools that allow ad sales organizations to deliver client value and prosper during this transformative time.”
Optimize PMP layers audience and yield optimization on top of traditional TV media sales strategies to enhance the way in which media companies transact with their agency and brand partners. The feature set includes:
- Multi-goal Scheduling: Creation of schedules that deliver towards multiple performance goals including traditional age/gender delivery, advanced audience targets and yield optimization
- Yield Optimization Algorithms: Effective delivery within campaign parameters while maximizing the value realized by media owners
- API for Campaign Management and Proposal Negotiation: Web service/file interface APIs in addition to web-based console for deal configuration and schedule review
This release builds off of already-existing features in the PMP:
- Traditional Deal Parameters: budget and age/gender targets, weekly weighting, inventory mixes, separation rules and program restrictions
- Advanced Audience Targets: Support for targets from several data sets fused against currency feeds including MRI, Nielsen Buyer Insights (NBI), Nielsen Catalina (NCS) and first-party data
- Proposal Generation: Automatic creation of schedules that deliver within specified deal parameters while optimizing against one of several supported goals
- Audience Optimization and Calculation Algorithms: Delivery of target audiences through the use of best practice calculation methodologies to activate advanced target data sets in campaigns
- Proposal Review: Web-based user interface views, exports of proposal metrics and schedule analysis including flowcharts, aggregated performance analysis across multiple dimensions and comparison of proposal results against requested specs
- Business Rule, Inventory and Log Ingestion: Integration with traffic and proposal systems and support for customized file ingests for inventory, ratecards and delivery logs as inputs to scheduling and performance reporting
Advertisers are becoming more and more sophisticated at identifying their target audience through the use of advanced datasets. Volpi Foods, together with their agency, Zero Point Zero Production, recently executed a comprehensive advanced audience campaign across linear TV.
“To launch Volpi’s official partnership with US Soccer, we wanted to reach passionate fans across Fox Networks while interest was peaking,” said Rob Sheard, SVP of Data and Product at Zero Point Zero. “We sought to elevate our strategy in partnership with the Fox sales team and clypd’s Optimize PMP to identify an advanced audience segment and execute the campaign using the clypd platform. Through this strategy, we were able to exceed our metrics around delivering optimized impressions against our advanced audience target to introduce the Volpi brand to a previously untapped audience and exceed campaign KPIs around brand awareness, recall, and sentiment.”